Monday, December 16, 2013

Retro Inspired Look Using Scandaleyes Retroglam Mascara





Hey ladies! Wanted to do a quick tutorial for a Retro inspired look I created. I was given the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retroglam Mascara to test out for Influenster and asked to create a very retro look inspired by Georgia May Jagger. So here it is! The Retroglam mascara is great because it adds a lot of volume. That's one thing that's key to having a retro look. I was very impressed with this mascara! And anyone who knows me knows how picky I am about my mascara!

1. FACE: Start off with whatever foundation you like and powder if necessary. I tried to keep my face very matte. I added some bronzer for a little contouring and Avon's Antique Rose blush. I also dusted some highlighting powder just above my blush.

2. EYES: For the eyes I used Avon's True Color Eyeshadow Quad in palette Urban Skyline. These are great if you want an easy smokey eye. I used the white on my brow bone, inner corner of my eye, and half of my eyelid. I then took the light gray color blending that from the outer corner of my eye towards the inner corner and blending it up into my crease. I took an angled brush to create a straight line from the outer corner of my eye towards my temple to where my eyebrow ends. If you have trouble making a straight line, you can put a strip of scotch tape at an angle and brush the eyeshadow along the tape. Then using the same brush I softly blended the line upwards and into my crease. I used the darker gray to blend it all together and again into my crease. The key here is to blend, blend, blend! I finished off with Rimmel London's Scandaleyes Retroglam Mascara.

3. LIPS. For my lips, I wanted a very bold, matte finish and something that would last for hours so I used mark.'s Make It Rich Lip Color Crayon in Hot Sauce. And voila! That simple. :) If you have any questions about the look or products I used feel free to post below! Have a fabulous week!

You can get any of the Avon products I mentioned here: www.youravon.com/danielleaslasksen

No comments:

Post a Comment